Wednesday 5 January 2011

Gerry Rafferty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11728112

Above you will find the link to the Obituary for Gerry Rafferty. No sooner do we lose a great actor which didn't hog the lime light but just got on with his work and putting in great performances we now lose a singer songwriter of the same ilk. Famed for Baker street which is reported to have earned him £80k a year in royalties alone. Gerry also started out with the now famous Billy Connelly, and then moved onto Stealers Wheel to create another classic "Stuck in the middle with you".

I must admit I am of an age when I didn't hear it the first time round and so his music was all new to me when it was re-released in the early 90's. It seems we always seem to lose the talent whilst the opportunists seem to last forever.

I also wonder who will be the third, we have lost an actor, a singer , whom next a comedian ?

No comments:

Post a Comment